The first point to understand is that Streams (as rewards) are directly attached to an Account Calendar. In most cases this will be the account that 'owns' the game page. Upon request, during reward creation, the event (stream) can be attached to a different account (let's say your artist's account for an Artist Stream, as an example.)
A stream can be started and stopped as many times as you like after it is created up until the scheduled end-time of the event. This gives you time to start the stream early to test functionality.
-We highly recommend that you test this feature and reach out to support if you need help.-
Starting a stream is relatively simple:
- Use Chrome or Firefox for best results.
- Log into the Account that 'owns' the event.
- Navigate to the Profile Page. (Click the profile picture on the top right of the screen.)
- Locate the stream in the Stream Tab or on the right hand side of your profile in the section labeled 'Upcoming Events.'
- Click Start or the Event and you see the window below.
- Streaming from the browser will allow you to use a webcam and stream right away.
- If this is the first time your browser has used this service, you will be prompted to give the browser permission to use your microphone and camera.
- After you have given permission the preview pane will open.
- Here you will be able to start your stream (see #2 in the image below.)
- The camera and microphone are controlled by the browser, so if you need to adjust this it will be done in browser tools. (the example picture is #1 in chrome.)
- Set Stream Type to 'Custom Streaming Server' and enter the URL and Stream Key. Both the URL and Key change for each event, so they will need to be updated each time.
***URLS and Stream Keys are shrouded so viewers do not see it. Do not allow this information to be seen in a stream. Your event can be hijacked if shared.***
Screenshots of baseline OBS settings are below. There is room for increasing resolution, FPS, bitrate and buffer size. Feel free to ask for advice in the Partner Discord Channels.
Please note: Streams are supported by the latest version of the following browsers – Chrome and Firefox. Safari, Edge, and Internet Explorer are not supported at this time.