Declines can happen for a variety of reasons. When a charge is submitted to your financial institution, they have automated systems to determine whether or not to accept the charge.
Here are some common reasons for declines:
- Outdated personal information
- Expired credit card
- Wrong security code (CVV/CVC)
- Billing zip code is incorrect
- You've reached your credit limit / NSF
- Your purchase triggered fraud protection
- Your bank or credit card company is having technical issues
BrightLocker can not tell you the exact reason for your decline, but your financial institution should be able to provide that information. Check the back of your card to get their phone number and contact support.