One way to create solidarity and a ‘team-like’ atmosphere around your game idea is to create a Facebook group. With a Facebook group, you can:
Personalize the group page to promote your game idea
- Upload game art as your cover photo
- Upload the game logo as your profile photo
- Upload game art concepts, sketches, etc to the ‘Photos’ section
- Include a synopsis of your game idea and a call to action for fans to vote as the summary of the group
Keep fans of your game idea informed with content posts such as additional information about your game idea:
- Gameplay highlights
- Goal of the game
- Game characters
- Weapons/tools game characters will have at their disposal
Supporting ancillary facts about the game idea such as what inspired the game idea and how long have you had the idea/been working on it?
Tell your fans how they can help get the game idea more votes:
- Share on their social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc) and encourage their friends to vote, grab the team image and help ‘evangelize the cause’ on their own social pages.
- Let gamer YouTubers know about your idea - one mention from them about your game idea to their fans could make all the difference.
- Contribute to the conversation on the ‘Discuss’ tab of the game page on the BrightLocker site.
- Message other users via the BrightLocker messaging service, encouraging them to vote for the game idea.
- Post on relevant forums or sites where you already have a presence about the game idea.
Game Idea Updates
- How many votes the idea has currently
- How far away from the GreenZone/current slot in the GreenZone
Shout-Outs to VIP fans
- Highlight fans that have promoted the game idea or voted for the game idea the most
How do I create a group?
To create a group:
- Click in the top right of Facebook and select Create Group
- Fill in your group name, who you want to add to your group and then choose the privacy setting for your group
- Click Create
Once you create your group, you personalize it by uploading a cover photo and adding a description.
Click on this link for more information regarding:
- Creating a group
- Adding new members to a group
- Joining a group
- Deleting a group
- Searching for posts in a group
- Leaving a group